The E-Commerce Manager is responsible for driving sales and planning the growth of our online business. This position works with the Director of Retail to create a visually inspiring online store and with the Media & Communications team to drive business through social media and marketing platforms. BENEFITS FOR THE E-COMMERCE MANAGER:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE E-COMMERCE MANAGER:
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Meals and merchandise discounts
- Free parking
- Employee recognition at 5 years of service
- Annual employee events
- On-site gym
- Health and dental insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid leave
- Flexible spending account for medical care
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE E-COMMERCE MANAGER:
- Lead the company's E-Commerce marketplace sales & integrations (Amazon, etc.).
- Proactively identify product, service, and marketplace issues and resolve them quickly.
- Review sales reports, analyze web metrics, and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish and drive online merchandising strategy with buying team, which includes planning, promotions, and cross-selling/upselling.
- Work with Media & Communications to drive sales through social media, email newsletters, advertisements, and other marketing channels.
- Write copy for new products and work with buyers and vendors to secure appropriate images or schedule photoshoots to produce stylized product images for use in the online store and marketing materials.
- Maximize traffic efforts by overseeing best-in-class SEO content, including meta descriptions, keywords, and product descriptions.
- Manages Assistant E-Commerce Manager and Fulfillment team, ensuring system training, product knowledge, and customer service are held to a high standard for excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Stay up to date with the latest online marketplace changes and trends.
- Assist with an annual inventory.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR THE E-COMMERCE MANAGER:
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Business, Marketing, and minimum 4-5 years of related experience.
- Expert understanding of different technological components of online commerce.
- Creative with a strategic mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proficiency with Shopify or other web-based e-commerce systems.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and web-metrics tracking, email marketing platforms (MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, Constant Contact, etc.) preferred.
- Expertise with Photoshop, Canva, or another photo editing-based software.
- Expert with business principles such as marketing strategy, financial analysis, and shipping oversight.
- Skilled in visual layout and photography direction for product imaging and marketing strategy.
- Proficiency with search engine optimization tactics.
- Expert communication skills, both verbal as well as written.
- Flexible and possessing a high level of integrity.
- Daily delivery of Mount Vernon's Whiskey sales to the VA ABC store for shipping orders
- Occasionally required to stand or walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds
All staff, volunteers, and contractors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Mount Vernon is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to building and retaining a team that represents a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, performance, and qualifications without regard to race, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender/sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, veteran and military status, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Mount Vernon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.