The MetLife Global Brand & Marketing (GBM) team has been evolving in line with MetLife's transformation to a company that delivers greater value for our customers, employees and shareholders. GBM is a strategic, customer-focused marketing practice that is dedicated to driving business impact across the globe. With a focus on customer led value propositions, relevant customer engagement and fostering a purpose driven brand, the team is committed to enhancing MetLife's relationship with its customers and helping them navigate life's twists and turns.
Role Value Proposition:
This role sits within the Global Brand & Marketing Customer Experience & Design (CX&D) department and is an essential team member that will collaborate with key corporate function stakeholders and business units to ensure social and digital content is executed in an integrated manner across our MetLife channels.
We are investing in a talented individual to ensure that MetLife has a clear perspective on how to develop and curate a focused, strong and impactful approach to editorial story-telling that drives engagement and brand advocacy across our social and digital channels.
The Senior Manager, Social Media & Digital Content will serve as the driver of our overall editorial strategy. This person will drive planning, development, and execution of enterprise content for our owned social channels and the curation of metlife.com content (enterprise/brand). The ideal candidate will implement practices on a regular basis that drive customer engagement and position MetLife as relevant, differentiated and forward thinking.
This individual is:
* Proud to uphold brand standards, be a fierce owner and protector of the brand voice
* An editor and storyteller at heart, who deeply understands how MetLife's content ecosystems can create true differentiation for the brand
* Skilled at fostering engagement with key target audiences (consumers, employers, employees)
* Compassionate and empathetic to key audiences and stakeholders
* Strategically motivated and able to successfully integrate perspectives and priorities into larger concepts and strategies
* Analytically driven, understanding the importance of making data-driven decisions
* Passionate, with an uncompromising appreciation for quality, that is balanced by a creative mindset for creating inspiring and educational storytelling content.
* Demonstrates contextual relevance when distributing content and moderating feedback on social and digital content to engender community trust and resourcefulness on behalf of MetLife
* Create the vision, strategy, and execution for engaging key audiences (consumers, employers, employees) on digital and social channels for MetLife enterprise stories
* Collaborate with global corporate partners, business partners and agencies to identify opportunities, coordinate, manage and implement editorial calendar and test innovative social marketing initiatives translating the MetLife brand's voice into timely, inclusive and engaging stories that resonate across media and culture
* Leverage data and gather insights to feed into strategy and make recommendations to drive audience and engagement growth (with a focus on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, others tbd)
* Lead development and ongoing maintenance of internal documentation on social best practices, "one-pagers" and guidelines for distribution to business/corporate partners. Plan, document, and maintain foundational writing guidelines for internal and external stakeholders
* Develop strategies for content creation and distribution across owned, earned, and paid digital channels, including MetLife.com and MetLife's social channels
* Help copywrite and copyedit content for MetLife social and digital channels for enterprise stories
* Create and manage editorial calendar, contributing unique story ideas aligned with brand priorities
* Curate, manage production and review process for MetLife.com content (Home page and other corporate pages as needed)
* Manage relationship with our external content development partner or internal teams, assigning resources to content requests and preparing briefs for content creation
* Direct designers on production of creative content in line with editorial calendar
* Partner closely with marketing and business partners to develop content strategies for the evolving MetLife.com homepage, writing, editing, testing and continuously optimizing content
* Maintain and audit content inventory to identify gaps, build taxonomies and optimize for on-page and off-page SEO
* Analyze and evaluate performance of content across MetLife.com and MetLife's social channels for enterprise content, using data and insights to make data driven decisions that inform and optimize future content creation. Develop internal dashboard to track performance at the post level, series level, and channel level
* Activate tone, voice, and messaging guidelines, helping to ensure all content created across MetLife adheres to brand standards
* Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* 5-7+ years of experience directly developing and managing B2B and B2C content strategies across multiple channels and platforms - bonus if you have experience in the financial services space
* Experience in developing innovative social media and influencer strategies based on consumer insights, and brand positioning from conceptualization to implementation with measurable in market success
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of social channels (LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and how each platform can be used most efficiently in different scenarios.
* Finger on the pulse of global and regional social and cultural trends
* Strong understanding of social media marketing strategy and complete social marketing mix - paid and organic
* Experience managing growing social channels and communities for consumer brands
* Flexible POV/voice and ability to adapt different messages to various audiences, channels, outlets
* Exceptional writing, grammar, and proofreading skills. Extreme attention to details
* Strong analytical ability to evaluate and make actional recommendations based on data
* Ability to work successfully within a team and navigate a highly matrixed organization
* Hard working, multi-tasker who enjoys taking ownership of projects
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to take a consultative approach when working cross-functionally
* Excellent project management skills and commitment to deadlines, processes and policies
* Curiosity and interest in learning about and deeply understanding our customers and target audiences
* Experience working in a CMS, marketing automation platforms, and social media platforms
* Experience with freelancer, vendor or agency management
Global Brand & Marketing
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $659.6 billion of total assets under management as of December 31, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world. Visit us at to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to or call our Employee Relations Department at 1-.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 117329